Our online wallpaper calculator means that you only pay for what you need, no wastage!
All our wallpapers are made to order, so please make sure you double check your measurements before putting them in or emailing them to us, and remember to please add 6 cm's to each measurement to allow for trimming. Should any orders need to be reprinted as a result of incorrect measurements being provided, we will not be responsible for any additional charges on the reprint or removal/re-installation.
Printing wallpaper is a technical and advanced process, and on rare occasions, mistakes can be made. We ask that you please always check the wallpaper before booking a decorator to install it, or hanging it yourselves, to ensure there are no production defects. If you find any flaws, please contact us before you book your decorator or start installing the wallpaper, and we will replace it with a new one, free of charge.
The limit of Munks & Me's liability for any fault or defect in the product shall be to the value of, not exceeding the purchase price of the particular goods. It is important that the installation instructions provided on the reverse of our label are followed closely, to ensure the best results are achieved. It is up to the customer to check the product before installing it. We do not reimburse for re-installation costs or faulty installations.
Buy a fabulous wallpaper!
Make sure you have everything you need:
- Paint roller & tray (to paste the glue onto the wall)
- Paintbrush (For the areas that the roller misses, e.g: along the ceiling and skirting boards).
- Bucket with water and a cloth.
- Wallpaper paste, please choose one suited for non-woven wallpapers.
- Wallpaper smoother or brush.
- Sharp knife/craft knife.
- Spirit level or plumb line (To make sure the wallpaper is straight).
- Steel ruler (To make a straight, clean cut along the top and bottom).
- Wallpaper sponge (Soft cloth or sponge, preferably a cellulose sponge).
- Your Lovely Wallpaper.
Prepare your wall:
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Walls should be dry, clean, even and unmarked. Any dark marks on the wall may show through lighter colored wallpaper, so to avoid this, we would advise painting your wall white prior to installation
- Walls should have at least one coat of primer on them before applying the wallpaper, to ensure a strong adhesion.
- Should your wall be painted a dark colour and the wallpaper you have ordered is light in colour, we would advise painting your wall white, to avoid the dark colour underneath having any effect on your new lighter colored wallpaper.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper before applying the adhesive.
Unroll the wallpaper roll on the floor and cut it into panels before hanging, to make sure they all line up and match perfectly.
Mix your wallpaper paste and start applying a small amount to your wall, just enough for the first panel to be put up. We recommend using a good quality, solvent free adhesive, specifically for paste the wall non-woven wallpapers.
Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one panel at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the panel. Smooth down the wall covering, working from the center to the edges to express air bubbles.
ALWAYS start the hanging from left to right hanging first PANEL A, B, C and so on.
No paste should come into contact with the surface of the wallpaper, and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging. Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
Paste can damage the surface of the wallpaper, so should any paste come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
DO NOT use any ammonia based detergent to try and clean your wallpaper, as it may damage the wallpaper and cause the ink to smudge.
Admire your beautiful wallpaper. Snap a picture of it, upload it to Instagram and tag @munksandme to show off your beautiful new room!