Buy a fabulous wallpaper!
Make sure you have everything you need:
- Paint roller & tray (to paste the glue onto the wall)
- Paintbrush (For the areas that the roller misses, e.g: along the ceiling and skirting boards).
- Bucket with water and a cloth.
- Wallpaper paste, please choose one suited for non-woven wallpapers.
- Wallpaper smoother or brush.
- Sharp knife/craft knife.
- Spirit level or plumb line (To make sure the wallpaper is straight).
- Steel ruler (To make a straight, clean cut along the top and bottom).
- Wallpaper sponge (Soft cloth or sponge, preferably a cellulose sponge).
- Your Lovely Wallpaper.
Make sure your wall is clean and dry.
Lay out the wallpaper on the floor. Cut it into panels before hanging it to make sure they all line up and match perfectly.
ALWAYS start the hanging from left to right hanging first PANEL A, B, C and so on.
Mix your wallpaper paste and start applying a small amount to your wall, just enough for the first panel to be put up.
Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper. Smooth down the wall covering, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wall covering. Paste will damage the surface. Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
Admire your beautiful wallpaper. Snap a picture of it, upload to Instagram and tag @munksandme to show off your new room;)