Junior Textile Designer
Home Based - Contractor
Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm
Own Computer/Mac essential
A fast growing ecommerce website selling Wallpaper and Wall Art, is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to work on a variety of creative projects with the Creative Director.
The successful candidate will need to have a strong knowledge of the Adobe Design Suite and Social Media platforms, with Illustration and Web Development skills advantageous.You will work directly with clients on custom projects, so will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to interpret a brief through to completion.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Ava, CAD, InDesign etc)
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio and good eye for detail and aesthetics
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to Management & Clients
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms for business
- Experience working directly with clients, Interior Designers and Wholesalers advantageous but not essential
- Experience working on children's products advantageous but not essential
- Ability meet tight deadlines
- Communicating directly with customers (when required) to understand their expectations and requirements for their design.
- Having the ability to review, assess and consider the best course of action to complete challenging work.
- An exceptional understanding of colour and design repeats.
- Ability to research and report on industry print and art related trends and colour direction
- The ability to recognise and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends in relation to print, art and colour.
- Plan, create and launch new Wallpaper, Mural and Wall Art designs in line with launch strategy (Access to image/vector libraries provided)
- Customisation of existing murals in line with customer requirements
- Social Media posting and overall management (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- E-Mailer design, execution and launch, in line with strategy
- Competitor analysis and feedback to management
- 1-2+ years working in graphic/textile designing, working with prints and patterns
- Experience developing original textile prints
- Excellent hand sketching and/or CAD skills in Illustrator and/or Photoshop
Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.